Our family pets have much shorter lifespans than humans. In the space of 15 years you will have a baby animal, a teenager, a pet in the prime of its life then an elderly pet.
Good veterinary care has lengthened the time we can enjoy having a pet in the prime of its life.
Caring for your older pets begins well before you notice them getting older.
At Pittwater Animal Hospital we can help you optimize your pet’s healthy life by
- Recommending a healthy weight and suitable exercise for your individual pet
- Helping you decide on an appropriate diet
- Recommending the optimal parasite control
- Helping you maintain a healthy mouth, through good dental care
- Regular physical examinations and reviews as part of our vaccination program
- Monitoring for hidden problems through regular screening of blood and urine
Pittwater Animal Hospital recommends regular blood and urine screening. This is usually done through
- Pre-anaesthetic testing prior to any surgery – desexing, dentals and any other procedure
- Full Health Assessments from the age of six either yearly or every second year
- For any pet on regular medication we recommends Medication Reviews either yearly or every second year
To encourage this higher level of veterinary care Pittwater Animal Hospital runs various discounted programs at various times through the year.
- The Senior Program offers discounted Full Health Assessments in Senior Month (August)
- Medication Reviews have discounted blood tests included
- Dental Month in August has discounted dentals which include pre-anaesthetic blood screening. All dogs and cats who have had a previous dental scale and polish at Pittwater Animal Hospital are entitled to discounted dentals throughout the year. These include pre-anaesthetic testing
or call us on 9913 7979