Pittwater Animal Hospital is very concerned about the COVID 19 outbreak in humans. The veterinary hospital remains open but our safety and hygiene plans are constantly adjusted.
This is our present COVID 19 protocol.
IF YOU WISH A VET TO SEE YOUR ANIMAL
- Before you come to the vet please make an appointment online or telephone 9913 7979
- When you arrive please call 0407341615 to talk to reception. Do not enter the hospital. Please let reception know if you have had COVID 19 exposure*.
- Reception will advise how we can care for your animal.
- Please keep 1.5 metres away from other people INCLUDING ANY STAFF AND THE VET.
- Payments can be made by telephone or remote transfer. WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING CASH. Our EFTPOS machine is available and is cleaned after every use.
IF YOU WISH TO PICK UP MEDICATION OR FOOD
- Please order online at our medication refill page or by phoning 9913 7979.
- Please pay before you arrive at the vet.
- Your food or medication can be delivered out to the car park.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR PET FOR SURGERY OR A PROCEDURE
- Our receptionist will call you the night before the procedure to fill out the admission form over the phone.
- Please prepare your dogs and cats or rabbits as usual.
- Please arrive at the car park between 8 and 8:45 am on the morning of the procedure.
- Ring reception from the car park on 9913 7979 our receptionist will confirm admission and a staff member will come and get your pet from the car park.
- When the procedure is complete we will arrange discharge information and payment over the telephone then a pick up time can be arranged.
We ask for your understanding in this difficult time and hope, like everyone, that the situation will resolve quickly.
Pittwater Animal Hospital has been dramatically increasing our hygiene regime throughout the crisis. This includes screening of all people entering the vet hospital, strictly maintaining a safe distance between people, more vigorous hand washing, hand sanitizing, regular cleaning of surfaces and social distancing.
*Have you have COVID 19 exposure?
- Do you have a fever, coughing, sore throat, runny nose or any flu like symptoms?
- Have you returned from Victoria in the last 14 days?
- Have you been advised to self-isolate?
- Have you been in contact with any sick person in the past 14 days?
If you have ANSWERED “YES” to any of these questions PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE VET HOSPITAL AND CALL RECEPTION ON 9913 7979 TO EXPLAIN THAT WE MAY HAVE TO TAKE MORE CARE WITH YOUR PET.
or email reception
If you have any doubts about attending Pittwater Animal Hospital, a remote consultation can be arranged.
- Please fill out the contact form below with your pet’s details, health requirements, current medication, symptoms, and any concerns.
- Arrangements can be made to care for your pet.
If you are not in a high risk group but would like to organise a remote/socially distanced consultation we are happy to arrange this type of consultation.
A summary of the consultation can be emailed.
To arrange please ring reception on
Or fill in the contact form below.