Due to ongoing staffing problems with covid PAH will be operating reduced hours. Please check our google listing for the changed hours or call reception.
- The vet is back to contactless care – Please call 9913 7979 on arrival at the car park
- A number of our staff are isolating so the vet is operating reduced hours
- Less staff are available so some routine procedures may be been postponed
Pittwater Animal Hospital is concerned about the COVID 19 outbreak. The veterinary hospital remains open but our safety and hygiene plans are constantly adjusted.
There is a QR code outside the vet. Please log in on arrival.
This is our present COVID 19 protocol.
IF YOU WISH A VET TO SEE YOUR ANIMAL
- Before you come to the vet please make an appointment online or telephone 9913 7979
- Please let reception know if you have had COVID 19 exposure*.
- Presently no customers are allowed to enter the vets due to the Covid 19 lockdown.
- When you arrive please call 9913 7979 and tell reception which car you are in and what telephone number to contact you on.
- The vet will either call you in your car or come out to talk wearing a mask. Please wear a mask at all times when talking face to face with the vet. Please make sure your phone will accept hidden numbers as the vets are often calling from their personal phones with the number hidden.
- If the vet wishes to bring your animal into the hospital for examination or treatment, please get out of the car with a mask on. A staff member will come and get your animal from you. Please make sure they are securely restrained. Cats and small animals should be in a secure carrier. Dogs need to have a secure harness or collar and lead. If you need extra help with this please advise reception.
- The vet may call again from inside the hospital so please be ready for a call.
- When the consultation and treatment are finished your pet will be returned to you. The invoice will appear on our TYRO machine on the front steps of the vet. Please pay by card or tap. A receipt and itemized invoice will be emailed to you.
IF YOU WISH TO PICK UP MEDICATION OR FOOD
- Please order online at our medication refill page or by phoning 9913 7979.
- Please pay before you arrive at the vet if possible or on our TYRO machine on the front steps of the vet. A receipt and itemized invoice will be emailed to you.
- Your food or medication will be delivered out to the car park.
IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR PET FOR SURGERY OR A PROCEDURE
- Our receptionist will call you the night before the procedure to fill out the admission form over the phone.
- Please prepare your dogs and cats or rabbits as usual.
- Please arrive at the car park between 8 and 8:30am on the morning of the procedure.
- Ring reception on arrival 9913 7979
- You will be instructed to please get out of the car with a mask on. A staff member will come and get your animal from you. Please make sure they are securely restrained. Cats and small animals should be in a secure carrier. Dogs need to have secure harness or collar and lead. If you need extra help with this please advise reception.
- When the procedure is complete we will arrange a pick up time where discharge instructions will be discussed with you over the phone.
- Your pet will be returned to you. The invoice will appear on our TYRO machine on the front steps of the vet. Please pay by card or tap. A receipt and itemized invoice will be emailed to you.
We ask for your understanding in this difficult time and hope, like everyone, that the situation will resolve quickly.
Pittwater Animal Hospital has been dramatically increasing our hygiene regime throughout the crisis. This includes screening of all people entering the vet hospital, strictly maintaining a safe distance between people, more vigorous hand washing, hand sanitizing, regular cleaning of surfaces and social distancing.
*Have you have COVID 19 exposure?
- Do you have a fever, coughing, sore throat, runny nose or any flu like symptoms?
- Have you been advised to self-isolate?
- Have you been in contact with any sick person in the past 7 days?
If you have ANSWERED “YES” to any of these questions PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE VET HOSPITAL AND CALL RECEPTION ON 9913 7979 TO EXPLAIN THAT WE MAY HAVE TO TAKE MORE CARE WITH YOUR PET.
or email reception