What do you do when you have lost your pet on the Northern Beaches of Sydney?
- Look for them locally.
- Cats are often locked in a spare room, cupboard or even a neighbours garage or car.
- Dogs might still be on the property or in surrounding streets.
- Ring the local vet. Start with PAH on 99137979 or NEVS on 94522933 if out of hours. Then start contacting other nearby vets.
- The vet will record the type of animal, sex and description.
- Inform the vet of the location your pet went missing.
- Leave a contact phone number with your details.
- Make sure your contact details are up-to-date on the microchip pet registry. You register online and then claim your pet. You can then change details.
- Publish a photo and details on social media.
- Print a photo of your pet along with your contact details and distribute around the local area.
- If your dog has been picked up by a member of the public or a council ranger this is what will happen.
If you have found a pet on the Northern Beaches of Sydney
- Take it to the vet as soon as possible.
Ring PAH on 99137979 or if we are closed phone NEVS on 94522933
- You can post a photo on the Facebook sites above but please inform people the animal is on the way to the vet.
- It is not a good idea to hold onto the pet and look for the owner. The most efficient way to get that pet back to it’s owner is through the microchip scanning system.