A new puppy is a 15-year commitment. Pittwater Animal Hospital has been running Puppy School for over two decades.
Classes take place in a large dedicated Puppy School Facility with indoor and outdoor space located in the Northern Wing of the Hospital.
Key information about Puppy School:
- For puppies starting from 8-14 weeks of age
- One hour classes at the same time each week for 4 weeks
- After each class, emails are sent with information in relation to the training and short videos to watch
- Puppy owners can email our puppy trainer Louise with questions through out the course at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All puppies also receive an adaptil pheromone collar which will secrete calming hormones over the training month
- You will receive a special treat pouch for hands free training which will be useful for years to come
- Total cost of the 4 week course is $230
Click for Puppy School FAQs
The puppies are all little together and we limit the puppy number to a maximum of four or five per class to give you individual attention.
Learning aims include:
- Toilet training
- How to settle on a mat
- Basic training – come, sit, lie down, roll over, separation training, body handling
- Mental Exercise and Enrichment Ideas
- Crate training
- Playing with other puppies – good play versus bad play
- Strategies for biting and jumping up
- Trick training and games to play
As the puppies mature through the class and develop more challenging behaviour you will already have the tool kit to direct them to the behaviours you want.
Once your class is booked make sure you clear your own schedule to make time for the classes. Dogs are growing very quickly and we don’t do catch up classes.
If you are having troubles finding a space or using our booking system please email
Or you could consider booking Individual Puppy Training
The Aims of Puppy Training
The Pittwater Team wishes to help you have a calm, relaxed, confident companion that you will enjoy for many years. Our highly experience Puppy Trainer is Delta-trained using methods of positive reinforcement, environmental changes and distraction to encourage your dog down the right path. These methods reinforce the human animal bond rather than harming your relationship with your puppy. Punishment based training techniques will harm your relationship with your new pet.
All puppies attending are vaccinated and healthy. Puppies start classes as early as possible. This is very important as young puppies are much less distracted and have not learnt bad habits.
Our puppies learn to SETTLE and behave calmly in any situation. Pups are trained to sit and relax on their mats in class and then at home. They learn tolerance and settled behaviour around strange people and dogs.
Pittwater Puppy School will help you teach your puppy basic dog training cues such as Come, Sit, Drop, and Loose Lead Walking. Our trainers use the most current techniques for teaching dogs and their owners. This helps you manage common puppy behaviours such as mouthing, digging, toilet training and jumping up, without stress.
So, if you are looking for a life-long family pet that is a joy to have, Pittwater Animal Hospital Puppy School is the best place to start.
Other useful links include: